Kite provides business services to the entire food supply chain.
Recognised as a specialist in the UK dairy industry, we also work with livestock and arable businesses, serving market sectors including farming, the agricultural supply trade, food processors, retailers and public sector organisations. In addition, we are recognised for our pioneering environmental work, particularly on the carbon footprint of primary production. We also operate a sister company, Advance Sourcing, which works to secure the best deals on agricultural inputs for our clients.
We are proud of our knowledge-base and our relationships, which are unique in fostering communication and understanding across the entire chain from farm to retailer. Read what some of our clients have said about us here. A summary of our key services is provided in this section but for more information please contact us.
Kite’s consultants work with some of the most progressive farmers in the UK and Europe, helping them to utilise their assets more effectively to achieve their business goals and stay ahead of the competition.
Our technical services include;
- Dairy herd management
- Nutrition and feeding
- Effective milk marketing
- Milk Monitor dairy costings
- Health Monitor to benchmark key areas of cow health
- Technical benchmarking using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Milk profiling
- Dairy cow breeding and genetic advice
- Environmental advice
- Greenhouse gas reduction programmes
- Animal welfare
- Forage and soil management
- Organic production
- Building and systems design
Every business needs a clear understanding of its financial performance and a clear idea of where it’s heading.
We work with many businesses to provide strategic business management consultancy, including:
- Business appraisals
- Forward budgeting
- Strategy development
- Staff management and training
- Business benchmarking using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Partnership changes and succession planning
- Volatility and risk management
- Farming agreements
- Alternative diversification schemes
- Grant applications
Kite Consulting is recognised and respected within the agricultural industry and has built strong relationships with some of the key players in food processing and retail.
We conduct a range of services including:
- Industry modelling, comment and promotion
- Best practice groups
- Policy and market analysis
- Technical briefings
- Developing pricing strategies that align supply and demand
- Establishing supply groups
- Business restructuring and turnaround management
- Grant funding applications
- New product development
- Staff training and development
Kite undertakes substantial projects with many major food retailers, including:
- Technical advice for retailer supplier groups
- Market analysis and review
- Business benchmarking
- Supply chain development
- Best practice groups
Services to public sector organisations.
Through our work with large numbers of farmers we are well placed to work with Government bodies at local, regional and national level, as well as other public sector organisations delivering:
- Evaluation of alternative policies
- Impact studies and modelling
- Market research
- The provision of impartial advice and business reviews to rural businesses
- Sign-posting rural businesses to sources of funding and advice
Kite Consulting is a main contractor to the Welsh Assembly Government’s Farming Connect programme, an integrated Wales-wide service for farming businesses.
This programme provides fully funded and subsidised business and technical advisory services to farming businesses across Wales, helping them to improve profitability and identify business opportunities.
For more information about this project please visit the Farming Connect website by clicking here